32Red Poker's Policy on Problem Gambling
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else's) life then the following questions may help you find out.
Do you have a problem?
Ask yourself the following...
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or interests?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depression, severe or otherwise, because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to the above questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem. To speak to someone about this, visit the GamCare Website or call their confidential helpline on be 0808 8020 133.
Alternatively, if you would like to chat to Gamcare staff or other people who are concerned with their gambling difficulties, you can now take part in the Gamcare Forum.
If you believe that you have a gambling problem you are urged to seek help and give consideration to using our Self Exclusion facility.