Bad Beat Jackpot
Our Bad Beat Jackpot allows players sitting at any of our €20 max or higher Hold’em tables to win big prizes! Simply opt in, and you’ll be in with a chance of winning a life-changing amount of money when the jackpot is triggered.
What’s more, we’re now giving away a fantastic bonus prize to the Jackpot winner in the shape of a €1,500 poker package!
How It Works
To take part, simply ‘opt in’ by clicking on the Bad Beat icon at the bottom right of any qualifying table. Players contribute 2 cents per hand towards the jackpot in order to remain in contention for a share of the money, the Jackpot being triggered when a player’s hand - which can be any four of a kind or better - is beaten by a better hand. The losing player is the BBJ winner. Note that when the jackpot is triggered, everybody playing at the same stakes will win cash!
You can opt in and out of the jackpot at any time, but if you opt out you won’t be eligible to win a prize. The jackpot has no administration fee, so every single cent that is contributed to the jackpot goes back into the pockets of players.
Bonus Prize: Choose between €1,500 Tour Packages!
32Red players who win the Bad Beat Jackpot now get even more! Win the Jackpot, and we’ll throw in a €1,500 VIP Cash Game Festival or MPN Poker Tour package – you can choose which festival you’d like to go to!
Bad Beat Jackpot Rules
Triggering the Jackpot
- The losing hand must contain four of a kind 2s or better.
- Both the winning and losing hands must use both hole cards in combination with three board cards.
- The hand must go to a showdown.
- There is no minimum number of players required for the jackpot to trigger.
- The value of the jackpot contribution is €0.02 (two cents).
- The jackpot contribution is taken from your balance at the start of the hand, immediately after the blinds and antes are posted.
- Jackpot contributions continue to accumulate until the jackpot is won.
Allocation of Prizes
- 80% of the current jackpot is distributed as follows:
- 40% is awarded to the losing hand (the bad beat winner)
- 20% is awarded to the winning hand
- 10% is awarded to the other players at the table where the jackpot was triggered
- 10% is awarded to players playing at the same stakes
- 20% is used to ‘seed’ the next Bad Beat Jackpot.
- You must be opted-in to receive any jackpot prize.
- If you are sitting out when the jackpot is triggered you are not eligible for a prize.
- If you have not contributed to the jackpot (for example, if your balance at the table is not sufficient to take the €0.02 contribution) then you are not eligible for a prize.
- If the player with the losing hand (the bad beat winner) or the player with the winning hand is not opted in to the jackpot, then the jackpot will still hit but their share(s) will be added to the seed for the next jackpot. Other prizes will still be paid to opted-in players.
- All prizes will be rounded down to the nearest cent, with any amount left over due to rounding going towards the seed for the next jackpot.
- If more than two hands qualify for the bad beat, then the two highest hands count as the ‘losing’ and ‘winning’ hands. In the event that two qualifying jackpot hands occur at the same time, the hand which is completed first is awarded the Bad Beat Jackpot.
- Players are expected to act in their own best interests and may not collaborate in any way to win the jackpot. Players cannot tell their opponents what to do, or reveal their hand to other players. Any contravention of this will result in the hand being disqualified for the jackpot.
If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Help Centre.
Terms and Conditions
- The Bad Beat jackpot is only available on Texas Hold’em 10c/20c and above cash game tables.
- There is no minimum player limit on the number of players who are dealt into the hand.
- Only Opted In players are eligible for the jackpot. Players qualify for the table share of the jackpot, if they are dealt into the hand but fold before the showdown.
- Only active players at the same stake range qualify for the jackpot. Players are considered inactive if they are not actively playing in the current hand. An inactive player might be sitting out or might have insufficient funds to contribute to the Bad Beat. Players who have folded or are starting a new hand are considered active.
- If the Bad Beat winner is not Opted In when the jackpot is hit, other players at the table and at the same stake range will still receive the portion of the winnings they are eligible for.
- If the Bad Beat winner or the player with the winning hand are not Opted In and therefore not eligible for the jackpot, their winnings are used to seed the next Bad Beat jackpot.
- If the winnings of any player include a fraction of a cent, that fraction will go to seeding the next jackpot.
- If there are more than two hands involved in a Bad Beat hand, the two highest hands are considered for the jackpot. The higher of the two hands is the winning hand and the other hand wins the Bad Beat.
- In the event that two qualifying jackpot hands occur at the same time, the hand that is completed first is awarded the Bad Beat jackpot.
- Only 32Red players who win the actual Bad Beat Jackpot (the bad beat winner; see rules) are eligible to receive a €1,500 MPNPT/CGF package prize.
- Package winners must adhere to MPNPT/CGF terms & conditions.
- 32Red Poker may, at their sole discretion, limit the eligibility of customers to participate in this promotion, for any reason whatsoever without notice to the end users. No correspondence will be entered into. 32Red's decision will be considered final in the event of a dispute.
- 32Red Poker reserves the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate this promotion at any time for any reason whatsoever without notice to the end users, using reasonable efforts to provide such notice in advance.
*Last updated at 14:00 (UK time) on 31/01/18