Battle of Malta 2013
The Battle of Malta poker tournament, held 26-29 September, 2013, at the Portomaso Casino in St. Julian’s, promises to be a great event. With a €200,000 guaranteed prize fund (€550 buy-in) it’s well worth trying to win a place in this poker-fest in the sun (there’ll be side events, cash games and so on for those who can’t get enough poker), especially as we’re giving away 5 all-inclusive packages...
5 Freerolls, 5 Packages!
Five 32Red players will compete for fame and glory in this year’s Battle of Malta - will you be one of them?
To find our 5 lucky package-winners we have set up 5 exclusive freerolls, each with €500 in cash prizes (€1,000 in the last freeroll) plus an all-inclusive BoM package worth €1,400 for the freeroll winners. Each freeroll offers 5000 chips and 15 minute blind levels, and has a raked hand entry requirement (see below) that must be met within 30 days of joining.
Our Battle of Malta packages are each worth €1,400 and include:
- €550 buyin to the Main Event.
- 4 nights’ accommodation for two at the Intercontinental City Hotel in St. Julian’s (in one double room, including breakfast and internet access).
- €250 travel/other expenses.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- Entry to 2 exclusive VIP parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When and where is the Battle of Malta held?
A. The Battle of Malta is held at the Portomaso Casino from September 26th to 29th, 2013. Further information about the casino can be found at http://www.portomasocasino.com/.
Q. Who is organising the tournament?
A. The tournament is being organised by PokerListings.
Q. How old do I have to be to play?
A. You must be 18 or older to play in the event unless you are a citizen of Malta, in which case you must be at least 25 years old. You will be required to show identification proving your age when visiting the casino.
Q. How do I get to Malta?
A. Flights arrive at Luqa Malta International Airport (MLA) from many European cities including Barcelona, Frankfurt, Rome, Brussels, London and Moscow. We do not recommend travelling to Malta by car, but ferry services are available from Sicily. You are responsible for making your own travel arrangements.
Q. Do I need a visa to enter Malta?
A. Most EU nationals do not require a visa to enter Malta. However, holders of non-EU passports may require a visa. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all of the appropriate documentation required to enter the country. Further advice can be found at www.foreign.gov.mt.
Q. Is there a dress code for the event?
A. Yes, the casino enforces a ‘smart casual’ dress code. Swimwear is not allowed inside the casino, and after 8pm shorts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
Q. What do I do when I win a package?
A. Shortly after winning a package, you’ll be contacted by 32Red. You will need to inform them of all the information they need in order to register you for the event and organise your accommodation before 16:00 UTC on Friday 10th September.
Q. Can I win more than one package at 32Red?
A. No, only one package per player is allowed.
Q. What are your branding and play requirements if I win a Battle of Malta package?
A. We have several requirements, as follows:
- You agree to tell the promotion administrators your table and seat numbers, and to make yourself available for interviews and questions so that we can keep track of your progress in the event.
- You agree that we can use your real name, image, location and poker alias for promotional purposes (such as blogging about your progress in the event).
- You agree to wear reasonable 32Red Poker-branding merchandise on request, for the duration of the main event, and to not wear any competitor branding.
- You agree to conduct yourself in a manner which is respectful to the event and to the game of poker in general.
If you no longer have 32Red Poker installed on your computer, select our Download or Instant Play software below to get started.
Click here if you need help getting started.
Terms and Conditions
- The “Battle of Malta 2013” is a promotion at 32Red Poker in which players compete for 5 tournament packages to enter the ‘Battle of Malta’, a live poker event organised by ‘PokerListings.com’ at the Portomaso Casino in Malta.
- The promotional period for the Battle of Malta 2013 will commence from 0000 GMT on 21 June 2013 and continue until 2359 GMT 8 September 2013.
- Server time (GMT) will be used at all times for the purposes of this promotion.
Battle of Malta Package
The Battle of Malta 2013 package, valued at €1400, includes:
- One buy-in to the €550 Battle of Malta Main Event;
- Accommodation at the Intercontinental Hotel for 2 guests, in a double room including breakfast and internet access;
- €250 cash towards travel or general expenses;
- Transfer from the airport in Malta to the InterContinental Hotel;
- Single entry to two exclusive Battle of Malta 2013 VIP parties. Entrance for additional guests and partners can be purchased for €50 each.
- Players may not win multiple Battle of Malta 2013 packages – once a player has won a BoM Freeroll he/she will not be eligible for any further prizes from this particular promotion.
- Should a player win a BoM Freeroll and be unable to fly to Malta and play in the Battle of Malta, for any reason whatsoever, his/her BoM package will be offered to the player who finished 2nd in the BoM Freeroll. Should the player who finished 2nd be unable to fly to Malta and play in the Battle of Malta, for any reason whatsoever, his/her BoM package will be offered to the player who finished 3rd in the BoM Freeroll, and so on...
- Package-winners must confirm, via email, within 24 hours of winning the BoM Freeroll, whether they can fly to Malta and play in the Battle of Malta. Failure to do this will result in their package being forfeited.
- Battle of Malta 2013 packages are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Once a Battle of Malta 2013 Package is Won
- Event Players must supply tournament registration details before 16:00 UTC on Friday 10th September. If any Event Players fail to supply this information on time they may not be registered in the Battle of Malta and refunds will not be issued.
- Event Players must supply all requested hotel information to the promotion administrators before 16:00 UTC on Friday 10th September.
- Contact information for the promotion administrators will be made available in due course to all Battle of Malta 2013 winners.
Accommodation, Travel and Spending Money
- Event Players will receive accommodation at the InterContinental Hotel, St Julians, Malta. Accommodation is on a bed and breakfast basis only for the Event Player plus one guest and includes internet access. Event Players will be responsible for all additional charges. Event Players may be expected to present a credit card on arrival at the InterContinental Hotel to cover any additional charges.
- The promotion administrators reserve the right to offer alternative hospitality options of the same or similar value, at their discretion. Any changes will be notified to the Event Player in advance.
- No cash alternative will be available for unused hotel accommodation.
- It is the Event Player‘s responsibility to organise travel to and from Malta for the Battle of Malta event and to ensure that all travel documents (passport and visa, as required) are in order and to obtain any required travel and medical insurance.
- Travel money will be deposited into each Event Players’ poker accounts within 5 business days after that player’s registration into the Battle of Malta main event is confirmed. The funds will be in the currency of the Event Player’s poker account, and where this is not EUR, the exchange rate used will be such EUR exchange rate listed on www.oanda.com at the date of transfer of the funds.
Branding, Marketing and Merchandise
- All Event Players must give details of their table/seat numbers for all Battle of Malta events played to any promotion administrator who requests them in Malta.
- By qualifying for a Battle of Malta 2013 package, Event Players agree to wear operator-branded merchandise for the duration of the main event. The apparel is to be worn in a manner requested by the operator or promotion administrators. No competitor branding or third party sponsor branding of any kind may be worn in the main event.
- By entering the Battle of Malta 2013 satellites, Event Players agree that their real names, aliases, locations and images can be used for promotional purposes. Event Players further agree to be interviewed regarding their progress/results during the tournament and to make themselves available for promotional purposes as requested by their operator or promotion administrators.
- Event Players must at all times act in a manner respectful to the event and to the game of poker. Battle of Malta 2013 Event Players are brand ambassadors in a prestigious, internationally-recognised sporting contest.
- Players must be at least 18 years old to take part in Battle of Malta 2013, with the exception of players who are resident in Malta, who must be at least 25 years old.
- Event Players must bring government-issued identification, such as their passport, to the Portomaso Casino in Malta on their first visit.
- The promotion administrators reserve the right to change the rules and/or structure of the Battle of Malta 2013 promotion at their discretion.
- Awarding of any and all prizes is at the sole discretion of the promotion administrators, and any decisions taken in this regard are final.
- The promotion administrators shall in no way be liable for any injuries, losses, damages or expenses suffered or incurred by any winner of a Package as a direct or indirect result of accepting the package and participating in the Battle of Malta.
- All other network rules, House Rules and 32Red Poker rules apply to this promotion.
Last updated: 24th June 2013, 10:36 GMT